In addition to seeing traditional advisors in campus advising centers or colleges, Compact Scholars can see the Compact Scholar Advisors for support with academic planning, scheduling, academic support services, referrals to campus support resources, etc. Our advisors are located in the Administration Building, Suite 201 (2nd Floor).
Effective Monday, March 16, 2020:
- All advising appointments will be 20 minutes. This change is to accommodate a large number of students seeking advising during registration in the coming weeks. If you are in need of a longer appointment time, please notify Justin in advance and he will do his best to accommodate.
- Phone Call Advising: If you indicated that you would prefer a Phone Call advising appointment, Justin will call you at the phone number you provided promptly at your appointment time. NOTE: You will recieve a phone call from a 'Blocked'/'Private' phone number.
- Zoom Advising: If you indicate that you would prefer a Zoom advising appointment, please make sure that the Zoom application is downloaded to your device. SDSU students can download Zoom for free by logging in to their Office 365 account (https://it.sdsu.edu/sdsuid). Use your SDSUid login credentials to log into Office 365. Justin will email you a unique link for your Zoom appointment promptly at your appointment time, so please be logged in to your email in advance.
- Email Advising: If you have a quick question, please feel free to email Justin instead of setting up an advising appointment. If you have a longer, more complex question, please be sure to make an appointment.
- Be ready to take notes! Have a pen and paper or your laptop ready to go!
Please be mindful that the entire university is figuring out how to navigate the current situation - some answers to your questions may take longer to address than usual. I thank you in advance for your patience and hope to advise you soon! -Justin Villaseñor, Academic Advisor
To schedule an academic advising appointment, please use the buttons to your right.
Pizza Power Hour Academic Workshops
As of Monday, March 16th there will be no in-person Pizza Power Hour workshops for the remainder of the Spring 2020 semester.
Join us VIRTUALLY for an academic workshop about summer courses on Tuesday, April 7th from 12:00pm - 12:50pm. Please use the following Zoom link to join the workshop https://SDSU.zoom.us/j/464105191.
If you are unable to attend the workshop at the date and time listed above, please check back for a link to watch the recorded workshop.
Resources for Students
COVID-19 SDSU Resource Website: https://virtual-help.sdsu.edu/
SDSU Economic Crisis Response Team (ECRT):