Study Abroad Advising
Compact Scholars can access advising in DAESA’s International Engagement Office, where they also have access to walk-in hours and appointments with a dedicated study abroad advisor. To make a study abroad advising appointment, click the “Study Abroad Advising” button to your right.
Compact Faculty-led Program in Greece
- LOCATION: Athens, Greece & Other Excursions
- TRAVEL DATES: Late May to Early June
- REQUIRED COURSE (S20): GENS 280--Introduction to Civic Engagement (3 units) or GENS 480--Engaged Citizenship & Social Responsibility (3 units)
- OPEN TO: All Compact Scholars (minimum GPA 2.0)
- 1st & 2nd Year Compact Scholars encouraged to apply!
- Satisfies a Social & Behavioral Sciences GE
- Satisfies international experience requirement for many SDSU majors.
- Scholarships and help fundraising to offset costs!
Student Research Project 2019
19th International Conference on Diversity in Nations, Communities & Nations / Patras, Greece / June 2019
Leiana Talo Lepule, Carlett Serratos and Katie Mercer, all Compact Scholars who participated in the Compact Abroad in Greece program, joined Compact faculty/staff as student researchers to investigate the impact of the inaugural Compact Abroad in Greece program. The team’s work helped inform program enhancements meant to benefit not only student participants, but the experience of our partners in Greece as well. Together, they presented their work to international colleagues and peers.
For more information, please contact Amanda Fuller, M.F.A. (Compact Academic Coordinator and Program Leader) at [email protected] / (619) 246-9252.