About the Compact Scholars Program
The Compact Scholars Program (CSP), a program of the Division of Academic Engagement and Student Achievement (DAESA), is the postsecondary component of the Compact for Success, an innovative partnership between the Sweetwater Union High School District (SUHSD) and San Diego State University (SDSU). Graduates from SUHSD who have satisfactorily met the Compact for Success requirements are admitted to SDSU as Compact Scholars. To view past and current requirements, please visit http://go.sdsu.edu/compact/requirements.aspx.
Compact Scholars engage in high impact educational practices, including first-year seminars and pathways, student organizations/leadership, study abroad, learning communities, service learning, undergraduate research, creative activities and internships.
- Compact Advisors: dedicated academic, personal and professional Advisor + dedicated Study Abroad Advisor
- Compact Academic Mentor Program
- Freshmen University Seminars and Commuter Student Success Pathways help students transition to the university and are High Impact Practices (HIPs)
- Job and volunteer opportunities
- Community Connections: Blackboard Homeroom / Website / Blog / Social Media / Weekly Newsletter
- Social/community events hosted by the SDSU Compact Scholars Student Association (CSSA)
- Compact Scholars in GREECE: faculty-led program abroad for Compact Scholars only!
- DAESA Student Learning Lounge: individual/group study, eat/relax/socialize between classes and appointments, walk-in advising and access to computers/printers
- Writing support & academic success workshops
- Opportunities to attend conferences
- Graduation recognition
- Study abroad & other scholarships